Doritos tortilla chips, are made from roasted corn. This triangle-shaped snack is available in six varieties: Nacho Cheese, Sweet Paprika, Chilli Pepper, Pure Sensational Salsa, BBQ Style and Cool American. The range in addition exists from a Hot and Mild salsadip, best eaten in combination with Doritos Naturel. For along the way there are Doritos Bits in two flavors: Honey BBQ and Sweet Paprika.
Doritos is part of PepsiCo Netherlands and is daily produced in Veurne (Belgium).
History[Edit][edit | edit source]
Frito-Lay introduced In 1966 the tortilla chips in the u.s. market under the name ' Doritos '. This name has the Spanish meaning: "Little Bit of Gold '. Dutch consumers learned Doritos until 1996, with the arrival of two flavors: Nacho Cheese and U.S. Original. The range is over the years expanded and regularly introduces new nice Doritos flavors. Doritos reached official fame in 2012 when the young actor Mahdi Balti Jamai brung them to fame in their commercial in central america
Actions[edit | edit source]
- 2013: introduction of a new flavor: Doritos Jacked. They are 40% larger than the normal
- 2012: introduction of a new flavor: Doritos BBQ Style.
- 2012: Doritos Late Night Skip or Trip. During the promotional period you could on the website the online game ' Late Night Skip or Trip ' play. Any chance of the Triangle formed trio made Late Night Trip to Berlin, Moscow and Istanbul.
- 2012: introducing the new taste: Late Night Sensational Salsa.
- 2011: Late Night with Rihanna. The special version of Rihanna's "who's That Chick ' video clip was downloaded via Augmented Reality. In cooperation with Radio 538 was a trip to the Rihanna concert in London given away.
- 2008: "Dance4Life" cooperation in the fight against HIV & Aids. Consumers sent a individual design in, after which the winning design into production is taken and has located temporarily in the shops.
- 2006: introduction of the new flavor: Sweet Chilli Pepper. This in a mysterious black packaging under the name ' Get Lost '. You could win all kinds of ' lost ' prices (lost & found, cycling, luggage, etc). The Grand Prize was a one way trip to the Bermuda Triangle.
- 2004: ' You name the flavour'-competition in which the consumers themselves should determine the name of the new Doritossmaak.